Monday 28 March 2011

Here comes the summer

The clocks changed on Sunday, "spring forward, fall back".

The weather was better than expected, so I spent most of the day tidying up the front garden. Lots of trimming dead stuff, and I'm still pleased that I managed to hoe and weed the front border in one go, normally it takes a couple of attempts to clear it. It was also the first time I mowed the lawn. Ought to do the back now!

Other firsts of the year were: first family meal eaten alfresco, and first lie in the hammock - it wasn't all strenuous!

Saturday had been quite pleasant too.

The Exeter Young Strings Spring Concert was held at Exeter Phoenix Centre. Due to a mis-read email we arrived rather early for the practice, but it was a nice place to kill time with good coffee, beer on tap and a newspaper on hand. I'm gradually getting to see my son on stage at a number of Exeter venues.

Better stop here, trying out the update via email facility...

No comments: